среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

How to Dye Coffee Filters

How to Dye Coffee Filters

So are you dying to know how to make your own Heart Shaped Coffee Filter Wreath?


In this here little post, I’m going to show you how to dye coffee filters. It’s so super easy you could do it with your toes. Okay…Maybe not, but it’s super easy.


Did you know you can dye coffee filters?  It's really easy and they turn out gorgeous!  It just takes a little paint mixed with water and some drying time.

First, you’ll need some Acrylic Craft Paint. I used Deco-art’s Americana in Lipstick. It’s red.


I love red lipstick. Sigh.


Sorry… I digress.


What You Need


Paint and Coffee Filters… that’s what you need.


I totally recommend going super bright with your paint.


This RED paint produced some gorgeous light pink flowers. The color will dilute, so as I always say… GO BOLD!


dying coffee filters-2

Dying the Coffee Filters


First, you’ll need a tub with some water. Not too much or your paint will be too thin.


I used around a couple of inches of water in this shoebox tub.


dying coffee filters-3

Pour some paint in. Just squeeze it in until you think you have enough.


Fortunately, this isn’t rocket science and there won’t be any fuselages on the line, here, yo.


dying coffee filters-4

Then stir…


dying coffee filters-5

And stir…


dying coffee filters-6

And stir some more.. until it’s thoroughly dissolved.


dying coffee filters-7

Next, take a pile o’ coffee filters. I dyed 10 or so at a time.


dying coffee filters-8

And smush them down into the water/paint.


dying coffee filters-9

Then, lay them on a cookie sheet between two {or more} paper towels and squish as much water out as you can.


dying coffee filters-10

You might just have to use two hands.


dying coffee filters-11

Drying the Dyed Coffee Filters


Line the cookie sheet with some parchment paper. You might want to cover all the edges with the paper as well.


{The first time I dried my filters, I didn’t and I had some dark red lines where the filters touched the edge of the pan. I’m a quick learner, so I covered the edges and didn’t have any mo’ probs.}


Lay several piles of filters on you parchment covered cookie sheet.


dying coffee filters-13

Bake them in a 250 degree oven for about 20 minutes.


Check them often and don’t burn your kitchen down. This is your official warning.


I’m so not responsible if you forget to time your oven, and you go out hunting for four-leaf clovers and come back to a big pile of ashes.


Seriously… just watch them. I didn’t have a problem, and I’m sure you won’t either.


dying coffee filters-15

You might have to separate some and take some out and put the rest back in for a few minutes so they all get nice and dry.


They should come out looking just loverly.


dying coffee filters-17

Up next… How to make the purdiest coffee filter flowers ever.


I shall return.


how-to-dye-coffee-filters

Pin me for later, say the gorgeous dyed Coffee Filters…


Original article and pictures take www.theboldabode.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий