среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Rainbow Crayon Holder

Rainbow Crayon Holder

Supplies for this post were provided by Michael’s Stores – project idea and opinions are my own.

Yes, even if you’re in denial, it’s coming (or has already arrived) – Back-To-School!! I would love to celebrate it as I do all holidays – via crafting! The first thing that comes to mind when I think of a new year of school is new crayons… and so about about a way to organize them…



Crayons are so cheap this time of year, so stock up! I think we used about 5 boxes to fill our cans. And for you I have a quick tutorial on how I made the holder to organize crayons…



You’ll need:

–crayons

–mini cans of veggies

–balsa wood – yes, Michael’s carries wood that’s perfect for craft projects

–wood glue (maybe hot glue would work in a pinch?)

–spraypaint

–scrapbook paper


If you’re intimidated by wood projects, this one is for you! I did use a hand saw, but other than that, no big tools needed, and the wood is pretty thin – I wonder if you could even cut it with scissors… I used a flat board and a couple other pieces for trim on the sides:



I put my cans on so I could see how long I needed the boards. I also noted that I needed to attach the trim to the edge of the board, not on top, because the cans didn’t leave side room:


I used a handsaw to cut them to length:

And wood glue to secure them into place – this is so the cans will stay on the organizer:

While drying, weigh it down with something heavy on the top – I grabbed the drill because it was within reach, but anything will work:


Meanwhile, eat a bunch of veggies to empty your cans. Or dump them into a random container. These cans are about half the size of normal veggie cans – so cute! Then wrap them with a strip of scrapbook paper, one for each color of the rainbow. I secured it to the can with hot glue:



Then I spraypainted the holder, but I didn’t get a picture of that, so just imagine. And I go to put the cans in – and I completely forgot to put the trim pieces along the edge – I had glued them to the top – oops! So my cans barely didn’t fit. Trevor, ever the problem-solver, worked some magic:


and squished the sides of each can in like so – it worked perfectly!

Super super cute! Love it!


Trevor asked me what it was for, and I told him that was irrelevant because it was too cute! But really, I’ll probably use it when I teach preschool, etc – it’s pretty handy not to have to dig for colors.


See anything wrong with this picture below??



True story – I did a whole photo shoot (er, 3 minutes of pictures on my front porch) with the colors in the wrong order – whoops! My kiddos helping hold the background said “I thought those were supposed to be in rainbow order” – um, yeah, you’re right. Now let’s do all those pictures over again!


You can find tons of craft supplies at Michael’s Stores to craft your way through back to school – and they even have a Lookbook on their site for ideas:


Michaels Back to School info:

· Michaels offers a 15 percent discount for teachers every day. Make sure to talk to a store associate during your next trip to learn more.


· Need a large quantity of one back to school item but don’t see enough on the shelves? Michaels offers a bulk ordering program where you can order as many supplies as you need and save up to 20 percent.


· Don’t forget to download the Michaels app so that you will always have the latest deals and coupons at your fingertips in case you need last minute school supplies.


Really – love that app – use it ALL. THE. TIME!!


Have a happy back-to-school!! We go back Aug 14th, so about a week and a half away….



Thanks for checking out this post from www.SugarBeeCrafts.com – – click on over to read it in its entirety – you’ll love it!


Original article and pictures take www.sugarbeecrafts.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий